- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Bounty Fresh Premium Large Egg
- 2 cups ube jam
- 2 teaspoon ube extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- violet food color, optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and vegetable oil.
- Add the egg and beat until frothy and color becomes pale.
- Add the ube jam and ube extract and beat again until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix using a spatula or electric mixer with dough attachment. The dough will be very sticky. Add violet food color, if desired, to achieve a deep purple color.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Alternatively, place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Scoop a spoonful, 1 to 2-inch in diameter, of chilled dough and drop into a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll dough in powdered sugar to thoroughly coat.
- Arrange at least 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cookies stand for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.