Tinola sa Gata
- 2 lbs. Bounty Fresh Free-Range Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup malunggay
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 small unripe papaya sliced into wedges
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 3 thumbs ginger julienne
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 chicken cube
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp.cooking oil
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute garlic, onion, and ginger. Continue to cook for 3 minutes or until the onion starts to get soft.
- Add the chicken. Stir fry until it turns light brown.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot. Let boil.
- Add ground black pepper and chili pepper. Cover and cook in low heat for 35 minutes or until the chicken gets tender.
- Add papaya. Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Pour water into the pot. Let it boil.
- Add the chicken cube. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the malunggay and fish sauce (patis). Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!