- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Bounty Fresh Premium Large Egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, Bounty Fresh Premium Large Egg yolk, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 6 portions. Roll each into a 14-in.-long rope. For each loaf, braid 3 ropes together on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 50 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat together egg yolk and water; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.