Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken broth, plus more if desired
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 12 ounces macaroni noodles
- 2 cups Bounty Fresh Breast Fillet Chicken Cut-Ups, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- salt, to taste
- To a large pot, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat to warm.
- Add the carrots, onion, and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and boil mixture for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are soft and cooked through. At any time while making the soup, if the overall liquid level is lower than you like and you prefer more broth, adding a cup or two of water is okay. At the end you will adjust the salt level.
- Add the chicken, optional lemon juice (brightens up the flavor), and boil 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through. Taste soup and add salt to taste.
- Make any necessary seasoning adjustments (i.e. more salt, pepper, herbs, etc.), and serve immediately.