Cauliflower Fried Rice Breakfast Bowl
For the yum yum sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons water
For the cauliflower fried rice:
- 16 ounces cauliflower florets (or store-bought riced cauliflower)
- 1 medium white onion
- 5 carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4-6 Bounty Fresh Premium Medium Eggs
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
To make the yum yum sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together. If sauce is too thick, use about 2 tablespoons of water to thin it to a pourable consistency. The sauce can also be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If making cauliflower rice from scratch, place florets in a food processor in batches and pulse until mixture is evenly minced. Alternatively, grate florets on the coarse side of a box grater, mincing any remaining large bits with a knife.
- Peel and finely dice onions and carrots. Mince garlic and set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet to medium-high with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Sauté onion, carrots, and peas until the onions are translucent and the carrots and peas are tender and cooked through.
- Add garlic and cauliflower rice to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the cauliflower is heated through. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper, then taste for seasoning and add coconut aminos or soy sauce to taste. Stir in green onion and bacon, if using.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl.
- Using a spatula, move mixture to the side of the pan and raise the heat. While the pan is hot, add a spray or drizzle of oil to the empty side and add eggs. Scramble until cooked through and mix in with the veggies.
- Separate fried rice among 6 bowls. Fry some additional eggs in a separate pan to serve atop fried rice, if desired. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with yum yum sauce before serving. Craving some heat? Chili sauce makes a great addition too. Have fun with it and enjoy!